Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Thoughts

I really enjoy watching football. I really enjoy watching clever, fun advertisements. I really enjoy eating nachos, guacamole, pizza, soda, and beer. I should love the Super Bowl! And I do look forward to Super Bowl Sunday for all these reasons, but I hate the sexism that's become such a central part of the game. Advertisers spend millions of dollars for a Super Bowl commercial slot and, apparently, they try to make the most of it by being as disgusting and offensive as possible.

Top Three Lessons I learned from Super Bowl ads this year:

1. People won't buy sneakers unless Kim Kardashian is half naked and sort of having sex with her personal trainer.
2. Chevy is not only sexist, they're racist too! (really, Chevy, really?)
3. If you ask a woman to take off all her clothes she will, even if she initially rejects the idea. Just ask godaddy.com!

On the other hand men are stereotyped as single-minded simpletons, or as power hungry sexist jerks. So dumb!

On a positive note I award the Darth Vader VW commercial the best ad of Super Bowl XLV! It was cute and funny and original.

P.S. 8 of the players in today's game have had sexual assault charges brought against them. Hey, I have an idea! Instead of putting them on tv and paying them millions of dollars let's send them a message that mistreating human beings is not ok and kick them out of the NFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment