Friday, February 11, 2011

What I've Learned from the Girls

1. You are not wearing make up unless you have on at least 3 shades of eye shadow and 2 mascaras.

2. Always ask if someone needs to talk "to" you or "at" you. This will save immense amounts of time.

3. The line between teasing them and hurting their feelings is thin, always changing, and impossible to predict.

4. Donuts and/or cookies are a good ice breaker. So is nail polish.

5. If you say you are going to do something you better do it. Or else. They do not forget.

6. Be prepared for your outfit, shoes, hair, make up, weight, nails to be picked apart at least ten times a day.

7. Sometimes "you look like a soccer mom" is a compliment.

8. Going outside is not fun.

9. Answer their questions with "no" about 90% of the time- when you say "yes" they will be so grateful.

10. If you don't pull out your "nasty disgusting gray hairs", they will do it for you.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really hit the nail on the head Jen...I don't know whether to laugh or cry! You are such a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...#10: I'd be bald if I worked there.

    Awesome, Jen! You are such a talented giver--and will continue to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can re-learn that going outside is actually very much fun in the weeks ahead.
    You know, in their own way, they loved you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hey I know I was apart of that, and I told you you would be the best soccer mom ever. Miss you jenn

    ReplyDelete