Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Love the Weekend.

I really, really love weekends. Sometimes I sleep in and putter around the house all day, and I love it. Other times I wake up early and go to the barn and get caught up on life, and I love that too. The weekends are wonderful because I can choose to have any kind of weekend I want. Two whole days to plan with fun things, or to do nothing.

This weekend we spent a lot of time with friends, played some board games, watched a movie, went to the barn, went grocery shopping, read, and cooked. Cooking makes me feel better- even if I'm overwhelmed it settles me down to cook a meal, and I usually end up cleaning simultaneously so by the time I'm done I have delicious food and a clean house. Pure bliss. Josh's favorite meal is breakfast, and the weekend is the only time that I can make real breakfast food.

Here's what we've had recently for breakfast:
Coconut Milk and Berry Smoothie
Oatmeal with various toppings (fruit one day, peanut butter and Nutella another day)
Crepes, sweet (Nutella or lemon juice and powdered sugar) and savory (browned honey ham, Tillamook cheddar, and mustard)
Italian Breakfast Casserole




YUM. We're hosting a potluck this week, and I think the theme is going to be breakfast foods. Or maybe cereal. To me, cereal is the ultimate comfort food and I can never have enough. Hmmmmmm...... I think I'm going to go eat some cereal now. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenni those dishes look so incredibly yummy!!! I want to come to your house and eat crepes and smoothies. Isn't Joshua a lucky one?

    ReplyDelete