Thursday, November 11, 2010

No Trip to Asia is Complete Without...

Getting sick! That's right, folks. This current round of illness does not even compare to the near death India disease experience, but it has not been pleasant.

I will spare you the gruesome details, but I am very grateful to Josh and his parents for helping me get better. After about 30 hours of sleep, a couple rounds of cipro, and a call to an advice nurse in Iowa my symptoms are now pared down to an upset stomach, nausea, and a sprained finger (from falling over on the train while trying to not puke my guts out- I know).

Moving on, we made it to Shimonoseki, Japan around noon today and just finished an excellent Japanese dinner with Beth and Matt. I think we're going to watch some Arrested Development next, since it is the best show. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. OH NO POOR JENNI!!!
    So sorry to read this but I'm thankful you were surrounded with loving family, too. Bethie's a great nurse, too.

    Continue to Force Fluids and get all the sleep all you can.
    We'll be praying for strength & complete recovery, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! When I read the title, my money was on being sick... I don't think I have talked to anyone who has visited Thailand and hasn't gotten sick. Glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you continue to be on the mend!

    ReplyDelete