Thursday, October 7, 2010

Opposite Action

Opposite action is a little strategy I like to use to change my mood. All it means is to do something that makes you feel different than your current mood. I'm feeling down, tired, discouraged, crabby tonight, so you get to be the recipient of a list of things I love!

1 Josh
2 Bubbie
3 My parents
4 My sister
5 My friends
6 Josh's family
7 Portland
8 My car (I know I know)
9 Tia
10 My bed
11 Being outside
12 Music
13 Justice
14 Very troubled teenagers
15 Sassy pants teenagers
16 Cooking
17 Parks
18 Reading
19 Good food
20 Massages

Whew! I feel better already =).

Time for a story. Tonight was Youth Progress' annual Soup Smackdown event- chefs from local restaurants create a soup inspired by one our kiddos and compete with each other to get the most votes for best soup!

The event was hosted by Hotel Lucia, which was lovely, and the children were adorable and did a great job. I was so impressed by the chefs' generosity and graciousness towards our kids.

Thank you to the following restaurants:

50 Plates
Souper Natural
Typhoon
Ned Ludd
The Portland Soup Company
SoupCycle

1 comment:

  1. so great to be able to change your mind with a thankful-ilovelist.

    Glad for the Youth Progress event!!! There is a bit of generosity in most everyone!

    So happy you are blogging...so happy you are coming to see us!

    ReplyDelete